Re: Mixed testing/unstable: make unstable packages wait for testing?

Steinar Bang, 2003-May-01 00:21 +0200:
> I'm running a testing system, with some packages pulled in from
> unstable.
>
> Currently, unstable packages are updated from unstable when I do
> apt-get dist-upgrade.  Is it possible to make some packages wait until
> suitable upgrades arrives into testing instead?
>
> I'm running with
> 	APT::Default-Release "testing";
> in /etc/apt/apt.conf, and apt lines for stable, testing, and
> unstable.
>
> Thanx!

I know that you can place individual packages on "hold", which
accomplishes what you want.  However, I don't know how to do that, but
perhaps this tidbit will point you in the right direction.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User