Re: stable: mail virus scanner

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 02:25:52PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I'm running stable on my server and I want to install an e-mail
> anti-virus scanner (all free software, of course). I'm using exim and I
> was thinking of using amavis and clamav. However, they only reside in
> testing. So, what do I do? Backporting, or is their an other (better,
> easier) solution?

You add the testing line to your sources.list
you add 'Apt::Default-Release=stable' to your /etc/apt/config
you specifically request individual packages from testing by running
apt-get -t testing <packagename>

Double check man pages (and the apt-howto, apt-get install apt-howto)
for syntax details; I'm going on memory.

apt-howto section 3.8 tells more.
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-default-version

-ben

--