SSH X11 forwarding still?

A while back X11 forwarding via ssh broke.  I'm wondering if I missed a

Scenario example (real):

2 machines on the same switch (My desktop and my wife's), no firewall

xhost - on both machines

{0}:/home/nomad>grep X11 .ssh/config
ForwardX11 yes

{0}:/home/nomad>grep X11 /etc/ssh/sshd_config
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

{0}:/home/nomad>env | grep -i DISPLAY
(set by SSH login)

If I try to start an xterm or any X tool:
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:10.0

I can however do an xhost + and manually set the display, it works fine
then.  Setting xhost+ without setting the display manually doesn't help

Is this still being worked on or did I miss the fix?

Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert@ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net
IPv4 = robert@mail.rdlg.net	http://www.rdlg.net