mozilla plung-ins

Excuse me, guys, but I can't understand the way plung-ins are managed by mozilla.
I noticed, in this list, how you can get rid of messages about dloads, but I'd like to get plug-ins to work!
I dloaded real *.bin from netscape site (brought there through mozilla site), I installed, apparently all went well, but it does not work at all. Going again to netscape site, it says I have no plug-ins installed.
So how can I get plug-ins for real and flash to WORK?

Thank you very much,

Guldo