Re: libstdc++ breakage?

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:05:50PM -0500, Good Times wrote:
You might want to start wrapping your lines at ~72 characters and not
toppost.

> i want to downgrade this package

There is also a newer version out now that doesn't seem to have that
problem.

> but i've never been able to find the best way to do it
>
> i believe /etc/apt/preferences is the best way, but then what is the
> best way to find the previous version of the package?

Well, it could be in /var/cache/apt/archives.  But for downgrading one
package, I normally just use a previously downloaded copy and use dpkg.

> i see from this mail what it is, but for next time, is there an option
> to apt or dpkg that will give me all the previous versions of a
> package?

If you want all the versions listed, try "apt-cache policy foo".

> ps.
>
> this list doesn't reply-to and i keep forgetting that, so i
> accidentally sent it to the poster and not the list

Since it would appear that you are using mutt, why don't you just use
list reply?

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com