Re: Is this why you shouldn't log in as root?

Muser that the launching program/environment is set as.

Personally, I have a trick to make sure that I can identify anything I
run that has been spawned as root rather than as me - the Xresources,
KDE interface, and Gnome settings for root are all set to have garishly
obvious colours, so that I know that mistakes with those programs could
be toxic.

Somewhat outside the thread but this sounds like a good idea....could you describe this 'trick' please?