Re: galeon problems...

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 10:30, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> Hello!
>
> since galeon now is in v1.3.3 i am amazed by the loss of functionality i
> encur...
[snip general galeon complaints]

These sorts of complaints about various apps (mostly gnome2 apps) have
come up time and time again and IMO are off topic and flame fodder, if
you have a problem with the feature set of an app, you should talk to
its creators. (I would suggested you read their mailing list archives
before you jump on that dogpile though)

> and last but not least, java is installed, but now i get to see  a
> application/x-java-vm missing plugin....  don't know what to do with
> that one either....

the first result in a search for "galeon java plugin" on google gives
the steps for installing the java plugin, you don't state whether or not
you have done that already...

> i have to admit, that i am quite disappointed at the moment by the
> latest galeon... and noticed that speedwise the difference to mozilla
> isn't so big anymore... with the vanishing of the useful features i am
> asking myself why to continue to use that browser...

have you come up with an answer? :-)

-Mark