Re: /etc/cron.daily/find says user does not exist - SOLVED

On 28 Apr 2003, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I get the following message every day:
>

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 06:26:27 +0100
> From: root@localhost (Cron Daemon)
> Subject: Cron <root@arcadia> test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily
> To: root@localhost
>
> /etc/cron.daily/find:
> User  does not exist.
> run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/find exited with return code 1
>

> Not sure what is wrong here. If I do (as root):
>
> 	 echo $USER
>
> I get root, and the same happens with
>
> 	echo $LOCALUSER.
>

> Can anyone say what needs to be changed here?

I had a look at /etc/updatedb.conf.dpg-dist and found that it had

LOCALUSER="nobody"
export LOCALUSER

which was missing in my /etc/updatedb.conf. Adding this seems to have
made the error message go away.

AC

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic