Re: Which VPN Solution

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:40:07PM -0500, Doug MacFarlane wrote:
> Besides FreeSwan, what are my options?  Are they superior to FreeSwan in
> your opinion?  If you think so, why?

It's not superior by any means, but there's PPTP:

$ apt-cache search pptp
kernel-patch-mppe - MPPE Encryption for PPP
pptp-linux - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Client
pptpd - PoPToP Point to Point Tunneling Server

Requires a patched kernel and pppd for encryption, but after that allows
(minorly) encrypted pptp connections.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar