Re: Favorite anti-spam tool ( oddball )
hi ya hall
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> So, what's the favorites of users here for anti-spam tools ?? Is
> spamassassin the current choice of most people here ??
i use a properly config'd sendmail.cf
- nothing (so spam) in my mailbox or disks
- i do not want to go look for false positives
- one of my accts gets 1,000 spams a day .. and maybe 1 spam gets thru
and but all of the other 999 are spams, no false positives
- disallowing html-based emails is one of the rules
though not suitable for all
- and add your friends to the "whitelist"
- problem with filtering the mailbox...
- the spammer already spammed you and validated your email addy
and will be adding you to more lists
more antispam stuff
-- monty python stuff too ...
more spam filter stuff