cupsys failing during installation

OK, nobody responded so let's try sending this message again.

I've been trying to get cupsys installed on Debian testing.  When I do
an "apt-get install cupsys" I get the following:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  cupsys
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/1814kB of archives. After unpacking 5190kB will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package cupsys.
(Reading database ... 59839 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking cupsys (from .../cupsys_1.1.15-4_i386.deb) ...
Setting up cupsys (1.1.15-4) ...
Starting CUPSys: cupsd

At this point the installation hangs.  I have to press Ctrl-C to get
back to a command prompt (I've waited hours to see if it would
complete).  When I press Ctrl-C I get the following message:

dpkg: error processing cupsys (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script killed by signal (Interrupt)
 cupsys

If I then try "dpkg --configure cupsys" I get:

Setting up cupsys (1.1.15-4) ...
Starting CUPSys: cupsddpkg: error processing cupsys (--configure):
 cupsys

I've tried reinstalling cupsys, removing cupsys and then installing,
purging cupsys and then installing, nothing seems to work.  Can anyone
help me with this problem?

--
Carl D. Blake
Director of Engineering