Re: wysiwyg

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 09:42, Benjamin Swatek wrote:
> Hi!
> Know I shouldn't ask such a question and write html myself, but I'm lazy
> :-)
> Does anyone know a wysiwyg-html editor? All I need it for is to create
> web-photo albums, and I'm just to lazy to write all the links to some
> 500 photos....

I'm not sure I understand how wysiwyg is going to keep you from having
to create the links manually. If you are trying to automate link
creation you either need some form of server-side scripting or something
fun like:

cd /var/www/photos
for i in *.png; do echo "<a href=\"$i\">$i</a>" >> index.html; done
echo '</body></html>' >> index.html

not that that gives any better output than the default apache directory
listing, but it is an example of how you can non-wysiwyg (I hate that
acronym) a solution. Ahh, faithful bash :-)

-Mark