Re: How to pull only kernel 2.4.20 in from testing?

David Krider <david@davidkrider.com> writes:

> How do I go about pulling the 2.4.20 kernel sources and docs in from
> testing onto my stable system? I've tried `apt-get install -t testing
> kernel-sources-2.4.20', but that doesn't get it.

If really the only thing you want from testing is the source to kernel
2.4.20, I wouldn't bother trying to go through the dance of adding
testing to your sources.list, figuring out APT preferences, etc.; I'd
just download kernel source from http://www.kernel.org/ and build it
using kernel-package.  I know the Debian kernel source has some added
patches, but I don't know what exactly.

	-- Abra Mitchell