Re: pls recommend cms

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 15:45, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been asked to install a content management system on a website.
> I've not been down this path before, so would like to ask for
> recommendations.  Aside from the obvious of having lots of features, I
> guess one other criteria would be that the cms should be easy to
> administer for a non-technical user.
>
> I see that there are deb's for:
>
> scoop
> drupal
> postnuke
> phpnuke
>
> Do any one of these, or any others not listed, stand out above the rest?

Out of the ones with debs I'd probably go for Drupal, but this really
depends on where your expertise lies... if you know perl already, go for
Scoop since it'll be easier to extend, if you know PHP go for Drupal.

I'd stay away from the *nukes though, since they have a history of
security vulnerabilities.

[Blatant Plug]
Or you could wait for my own CMS Andromeda to be released ;)
[/Blatant Plug]

Jon
--

Jon Wood