Re: apt-get gets base-passwd from fr? could be a security problem?

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 03:06, JOAQUIN CARABALLO MORENO wrote:
[...snip...]

> Is there any security problem with the french mirror?... or maybe I'm
> just too much a paranoid? :)

Nope... if I remember correctly, packages have an MD5 sum which if it
doesn't match, causes the package not to be installed.

Anyways, if one of the mirrors (especially a major one like .fr) started
to change the packages they spat out, people would pick it up quite
quick, and the mirror would be shutdown.

> deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
Yup... base-config is in main, so it would be installed from there. If
you're uncomfortable with that, I'd suggest you switch to the master
server, although the admin there could change it if he wanted to as
well.

--

Jon Wood

jon@jellybob.co.uk