Re: determining architecture

On (27/04/03 18:58), Kete Foy wrote:
> From: "Kete Foy" <k3nn3thf0yjr@cox.net>
> To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: determining architecture
> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:58:39 -0400
>
> out of these,
>   a.. Installation Manual for Alpha
>   b.. Installation Manual for ARM
>   c.. Installation Manual for HP PA-RISC
>   d.. Installation Manual for Intel x86
>   e.. Installation Manual for Intel IA-64
>   f.. Installation Manual for Motorola 680x0
>   g.. Installation Manual for MIPS
>   h.. Installation Manual for MIPS (DEC)
>   i.. Installation Manual for PowerPC
>   j.. Installation Manual for IBM S/390
>   k.. Installation Manual for SPARC ,
> i have an Intel, but it's a Celeron processor.

Hi Kete

Intel x86 is what your machine is - Celeron is an Intel clone.  Depending
on how new/old your machine is, you could start with the basic install for i386 architecture
and once you've installed the base system, upgrade your kernel to a
later one say - 2.4.18 for i686 (which I believe is PIII or above)

HTH

Clive