Re: skipstone and libgtkembedmoz.so

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 10:11, John Habermann wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone can knows how to get libgtkembedmoz.so. I have
> been trying to get skipstone working and it seemed to install fine.
> However when I try and start the program I get
>     "skipstone: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkembedmoz.so:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> I have search through the package database and can't find any reference
> to this file nor can I find it using locate on my system. I see that
> there are some rpms for it when I searched in google but couldn't find
> anything for debian. I would assume that it must be there otherwise
> there wouldn't be much point having skipstone available. I am running
> sid on a powerpc with the latest mozilla 1.3 package.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> John

This has ben filed as a bug.  A quote from the maintainer

Skipstone *isn't* really being maintained upstream. Upstream doesn't
respond to my patches fixing the build with newer mozillas. As of
recently, the problems have exceeded my capacity to fix them. I have
absolutely no idea how to fix the current build error. If someone sent
a patch I wouldn't hesitate to try it. I'd probably also beg that
person to become this package's maintainer, because I don't have the
skills to port this package to every new mozilla release now that
upstream is inactive.