Re: Installing rpm in Debian

Hello Sarathy,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:57:16AM +0100, Partha Sarathy wrote:
> Hi ,I am sarathy calling from India.How to install rpm packages in
> Debian.I ran 'rpm -i <rpm pavkage name? >,but it reported that it
> could not read from 'db3' some indexing problems.What is 'db3'
> .Please help me install the rpm package in Debian.Mail me.Mail ID
> :sara_mit2001@yahoo.co.in

You can convert it to a .deb package using alien.  Then you can
install the debian package with "dpkg -i <name.deb>.  See the alien
manpage for instructions on how to use it.

But I would be hesitant to install a rpm on debian and will only do it
if there is no debian package available somewhere.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors
      through him that loved us."    Romans 8:37