"mpeg-es"(?) video format and mplayer

Hi!

I have two videos here on which mplayer tells me:

Playing video.avi
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact
 the author, it may be a bug :(
MPEG-ES file format detected.

Now these "just play" without problems on GameOS XP, the person I got
 them from tells me.

I do have the newest codecs installed, but still no luck for me.
 `avitype` also fails to recognize the format.

Any hints on what I can do? googling doesn't reveal anything helpful.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /