Re: Setting up LAMP Sandboxes

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 09:32:12AM -0700, Sean Abrahams wrote:
> I'm hoping someone on this list can help me setup LAMP (Linux Apache
> mySQL PHP/Perl/Python) Sandboxes. Of course I'm running Debian and I'm
> fairly certain it revolves around using CVS appropriately, but I have
> been unsuccessful finding a guide or how-to.

I'm not sure what you mean by sandboxes.  If you're thinking of some way
to isolate them from each other, a chroot
(http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html) or even a full UML
system (http://people.debian.org/~mdz/uml/) could be what you want.  I'm
not sure what this has to do with CVS, though.

Or do you mean a way to let developers not mess with each other?  Using
CVS with everyone working on their own branch might be a good idea.
http://www.cvshome.org/ has very thorough documentation on using CVS.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?