Digital cameras in Debian (or Linux in general)

Digital cameras should be fairly easy to use under Linux according to
several web pages which describe how to use the USB mass-storage module
in the 2.4 kernel to connect to your camera and provide the media as an
emulated SCSI disk.

I tried setting up my kernel for supporting this, and when I connect my
camera (a Vivitar Vivicam 3615), it awakes, starts loading the proper
modules, and hangs.

Yours sincerely,

Håvard Stranden, <havarden@cloudchaser.net>

"The box said Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux..."