Re: X11 Server for ms windows

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Hugh Saunders wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:59:18AM +0100, Organ Grinder wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Does anyone know of a X11 Server for ms windows? I've seen some for
> > windows but there all eval... I have to use w2k for my workstation
> > otherwise it would be linux on my desktop and not a problem.
> cygwin has an Xserver, but ive never got it to work... if you have more
> success, tell me how!!

Get all the XWindows packages, then try "Xwin.exe" for a barebones
XWindows, or one of the startx batch scripts.  Btw, fun tricks include
"Xwin.exe -rootless" and "Xwin.exe -multiwindow".

OTOH, as far as I can tell, on a dual-video card setup, XWin only
uses the primary display.  :(

--
        ...crying "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"... ~ HPL
 icq : 34583382              |     === ascii ribbon campaign ===