squirrelmail update seems to have broken things

I'm in the process of seting up a mail server for interna usage. One of the
packages I;m uusing in squirrelmail to provide web mail access. The machine
in question isusing "testing".

A couple of days agao, I did a apt-get dist-upgrade, and it broke
squirrelmail. I poked around a bit, and found thtya if I re-ran conf.pl and
changed the IMAP authentication type to "login", then I was able to at
least get user logins working again. However all that they get is the 2
blank frames, and nothing else on the browser.

What do I need to do to fix this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin