Debian installation with LVM?

Is is possible to install a debian system on LVM?  AFAICS, the
installation procedure only asks for partitioning your harddrive and
where to mount the partitions. No question wether and how to set up
LVM.  I also switched to a shell on another console to setup LVM by
hand but the LVM tools are not available.  So the only way I see is to
do a normal installation, then copying the installed system somewhere
else, setting up LVM, copying the installation back to LVM LVs, and do
some editing by hand (/etc/fstab, root= in /etc/lilo.conf, etc.).

Isn't there an easier way?

urs