Re: Installed libpam-ldap - now ssh is rude to me!!!

Alan Chandler said:
> WARNING:  The following data has NOT been sanitized, to ensure
>           that the signature remains intact, if valid.  Please
>           be careful if you open any enclosed attachments.

> I just carefully installed libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap, and copied
> /usr/share/doc/libpam-ldap/examples/pam.d/  into /etc/pam.d
>
> I seem to be using ldap to login ok.
>
> However, ssh is not so kind.  This is what it says when I attempt to ssh
> to  another box.
>
> alan@kanger:~$ ssh roo
> You don't exist, go away!

you need nss_ldap, I reccomend installing nscd too, configure
/etc/nsswitch.conf to use nss

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/LDAP

if you already have nss-ldap installed and configured try restarting
nscd that always fixes that problem for me(which is very rare).

nate