RE:Load balancing?

Issue 22 of Linux format has a brilliant article on this.

DM

On 20 Apr 2003 21:37:38 -0400 Bradley Alexander <storm@tux.org> wrote:
--- Begin Message ---
I've got a friend who has a buisness. He was using DSL for his Internet
connection, but his provider (Verizon) sucks. So he is also getting
cablemodem, and sticking a third interface into his firewall (Woody,
using IPtables). I figure we can add a second interface to his tables
setup and have a script to switch him over to the other connection if
one goes down, but I think deep down in his heart, he wants to be able
to use both connections when they are available, and log when one of
them is not.

I know I can set him up with a script to ping the upstream router every
<time interval>, but is there a more elegant way to manage the logging
of outages while giving him the ability to load balance across both
links when they are available?

Thanks,
--
--Brad