winmodem

Hi,

I have an ibm a31p 2653n5u with a Agere Systems AC'97
Modem . this is a winmodem. with the help of the
members in this list i could get all other essential
h/w working on my laptop. i am trying to know if
someone managed to get this modem to work on this
laptop. this might need a linux driver can anyone
suggest any freely available driver for this modem ?

also please list any good websites for writing linux
device drivers ?

thanks
Srinivas