Re: How to listem to Mpeg3 stream?

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 11:22:33AM -0400, stan wrote:

> I'm runing testing, using Galeo as a browser. When I try to listen to an
> MPEG3 stream, I'm offered 2 choices of applications (Freeamp, and xmms).
> However both say "No URLS", and don't work for this stream.
>
> The stream in quesiton is off of http://www.awod.com/wjkbroadcast.html, if
> thta helps to fiagnose the problem.

When I try their "listen" link from that page, xmms tells me:
  Couldn't connect to host audio-1.awod.com
  Server reported: 401 Service Unavailable

But my setup works perfectly for radioparadise.com, which makes me
suspect the problem is at awod.com's end, not yours.
Maybe try some other stations and see if they work for you.

	Hope that helps.