Re: ssh: "connection refused by tcp wrapper"

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 10:35:02AM +0200, Philippe Marzouk wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 04:07:58AM -0400, Soren Andersen wrote:
> >
> > Ideas? What's "tcp-wrapper" and why is it messing up my ssh-ing?
>
> man hosts.allow
> man hosts.deny
>
> This man pages should give you some hints on whats going on.
>
> HTH,
> Philippe

Ahhh! Thanks, for being MY brain, for a moment! I once knew that ;-).
You did it. I had a rule that excluded my remote system from being
allowed to connect -- or to finish connecting. Once fixed, it worked
fine!

The thing that probably derailed my own analysis is that I probably
vaguely thought I recalled that sshd provides its own security /
authentication so is not generally run under inetd, so I THOUGHT it
wouldn't have anything to do with the hosts.{allow,deny} files. Clearly
there's something I don't understand yet about all that.

Great, great! Thanks again.
    Soren Andersen

--
Find my GnuPG public key on better keyservers everywhere ;-)
GnuPG public key fingerprint:  BD26 A5D8 D781 C96B 9936  310F 0573 A3D9 4E24 4EA6