Re: apt-get over gateway

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 21:43, Michael Ranft wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've got this problem:
>
> I have a debian-box connected over ppp0 to the Inet.
> In my small network I have a machine which - naturally - is behind -
> connected via Kernel NAT.
> A Ping on security.debian.org gives me a response. But :
>
> >From there I want to make an apt-get update and so on, all i get is the
> messages i attached.
> I tried various tunnels via ssh, but didn't choose the right one,
> apparently.

Try telnetting into port 80

telnet security.debian.org 80

If that works, there is possible something wrong with how apt accesses
the net. Otherwise, there is something wrong with your routing.

BTW, Can you surf the net OK?

Regards,

Shri
Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com