RAID controller

I'm building a new server and considering two raid controller cards:

Adaptec 2200S
LSI/Mylex Megaraid 320-2

Both claim to be Linux compatable, but for Redhat 7.2/7.3. I can't find any
information about generic kernel support (with megaraid/aacraid modules) or
about Debian. I'm going to run a custom compiled kernel 2.4.20.

Does anyone have any experience with these cards? Do they work with the
default kernel support or do they need a special driver? Mylex seems to be
the first choice because they supply megaraid.c and megaraid.h files that can
simply be swapped with the kernel supplied ones when building a custom
kernel. (And I've used HP Netraids using the megaraid module and they work
great).