Re: OT: shell scripts and spaces in file/folder names

Thank you all for you're replies - I hadn't thought
about the possibility the '*' would work better than
the '.' ... though now I know, I can see some logic in
it.

I now wrote a very small script which will convert
every space in the name into a '-'
----

#!/bin/sh

for i in *
do
  #echo "mv \""$i"\" `echo  "$i" |sed -e 's/\ /-/' -
`"
  mv "$i" `echo ` "$i" | sed -e 's/\ /-/' - `
done

---
I post to be sure, can you assure me my quickly
written script can't do any harm - I'm not really used
to the sed command...

again, thank you  :-)

Joris

--- Alvin Oga <aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com>