Re: Best Debian Reference?

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 09:14, David Krider wrote:
> I'm new to Debian, but have been using Linux full-time for 4 or 5 years.
> What's the best reference(s) to understand the differences between
> Debian and other distros? What I'm saying is that I don't need a primer
> on things like file permissions and such. I need to know the "Debian"
> way of configuring things like network interfaces. (This is just the
> example that has set me to looking.) Sure, I can issue `ifconfig' and
> `route' commands, but how do I make that stuff permanent so that it
> happens at boot time? X might be a good example as well.
>
> TIA,
> dk

I'd say that if it isn't the best Debian Reference, an extremely close
to best one would be Colin Watson - buy him many meals, drinks, luxury
homes in exotic vacation locations and right-hand drive sports cars and
he can answer most questions you have, or at least get you very close to
the appropriate documentation.