Re: mount: Too many levels of symbolic links

On Thursday 17 April 2003 15:09, oliveira@mit.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not sure if my last message went through... I don't think so.  As you can
> tell I'm a newbie...  I have woody installed on my sony vaio and it works
> great, but I can't access my cdrom.  I get the following message if I try
> to mount it:
>
> brasilia# mount /dev/cdrom
> mount: Too many levels of symbolic links
>
> To see what was going on I:
>
> brasilia# ls -l /dev/cdrom
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 Apr 15 21:19 /dev/cdrom ->
> /dev/cdrom
>
> So it looks to me that it is linked to itself?  Is that right?  How do I
> fix this?

root@box:~# rm /dev/cdrom
root@box:~# ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom

Is this a Sony Vaio of the PCG-FX series? Then you might be interested in the
following site:

http://www.gaugusch.at/vaio/

It will help you getting your cd-writer and modem running.

hth
joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!