RE: Update questions

Do an apt-get update to make sure you have the most updated cache.

If you do an apt-get install <packagename> it should tell you if you have
the most recent version, and if not it will update it.

As for the kernel, you will not get a newer kernel from a dist-upgrade.  You
need to either download the source packages and compile a new kernel, or
install one of the kernel image packages.  Do an apt-cache dump |grep
kernel-image-<version if you know it> and it will show you all the different
available kernel image packages.

Barry deFreese
Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell