Re: mplayer?

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 16:17, Albert Dengg wrote:
> well 2 ways:
> one: unoficial sources
> deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main
> is a source for mplayer, mencoder, videocodes and many other things
>
> two: go to mplayerhq.hu and get the source & build it yourself
>
> I hope it helps
>
> yours,
> albert dengg

If you have any experience with building software, the latter is
definitely a preferable choice by my experience. Christian Marillat does
make great packages available, but MPlayer still runs best when built on
the machine it is used. Run "./configure --help | lpr" first, however,
because there are multitudinous options that help to make the program
far more powerful.

All that done, I use it most weekdays to watch my business channels on
my desktop.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org