KDE crashes

Hi,

i have KDE 3.1 installed from unstable on Debian Woody/testing (kernel:
2.4.20-1-k7), and it really runs unstable on my system. Sometimes the whole
system crashes completely,  when I use KDE. The most crashes happen right
after the KDE initialisation finished, almost eyery time after booting the
system ( I log in graphically using kdm). Sometimes it also crashes, when I
have many windows opened. With kde2(stable) I had no problems.
I have no idea where to search for the reason, the only thing is that I
sometimes get the message  "spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7". Does anyone
know, if this can cause the crashes? There are no other strange entries in
the /var/log/messages, kdm.log and  XFree86.0.log.
Could anyone give me a hint, what to do?

Marc Hinrichs