can't add cron job

This is the cron job I just added for ipcheck. It is located in /etc/cron.d/ipcheck

# Run ipcheck every 2 minutes

The job is not running, though. I even executed '/etc/init.d/cron restart' to restart cron, but it did not help. When I log into dyndns.org and lookup the IP address in the database for my host, it still show an out of date IP address. Am I missing something here?

-Roberto Sanchez