Re: Reiserfs Review

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 17:33, GBV wrote:
> I´ve been using reiserfs im my debian unstable 2.4.20,
>
> My disk performance is really fast. No problems at all..
>
> Do you experience this file system? Can I use it for production
> purposes without any risks?
>
> Does ext3 performance and stability beats up reiserfs?

Well, you can't usually have the best performance, and the best
stability.

When it comes to stability, I guess ext2 is still the most stable wildly
used FS. But I personally have been super happy with ResiserFS.

Also it depends on what you want to do with your system. For a mail
server, ReiserFS is probably the best choice. For handling large files,
XFS comes to mind.

Anyway, don't forget that ReiserFS was made by God himself, so it's a
good FS to use, with God's Own OS (Debian). ;-)

Cheers

--
/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan