Firewall or bridge?
I've been reading about firewalls, and can't figure out what to put in
"interfaces" for my situation. I now think that the problem is I need a
bridge rather than the kind of firewall I was reading about. My
- Static IP with public addresses
- Gateway 188.8.131.52 is on the "internet" side, all other 132.205.50.x
on the "inside". This is why I can't figure out what to put in
"interfaces", since the net mask would put the gateway on the wrong
- router is far away, and expects to be connected to a switch. My
understanding is that to use a firewall I'd have to get the gateway
configured to address everything to my firewall, and I don't want to
mess with the router.
My questions are
1) Am I right about needing a bridge?
2) Normally a bridge has no IP address and can't be used to provide
other services. It can't even be accessed remotely. Is there a way