locale-gen hangs

Hi,

With packaged locale and libc6 version 2.3.1-16 I noted the following
problem:

In a chroot environment I have the locale-gen script wich hangs when it
generates the locales. It used to work without problem, I can't figure
out when it stops working. I also note from the bug tracking system that
users has functional locale-gen script with version 2.3.1-16.

What are the possible source of hanf when generating new locale? Looking
at the processus list the hang comes from the localdef binary called
from locale-gen.

Thanks to help

Hilaire Fernandes