Re: Kernel 2.4.20 panic

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Not true

Thats what initrd is for. You load the kernel, load initrd as an initial ramdisk and a script (linuxrc?) in this initial ram disk loads the modules that you need into the kernel. You can then switch to the real root disk.

With the debian kernel packages this happens automatically. Take a look at the
initrd-tools package which builds this initrd image for you.

Then I have been misinformed. It seems that your approach is simpler. I will go and kindly flog the individual who provided me this info =-)

Hmmh! But it's true for people which don't use initrd tools.

--
:  ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ __  daniel.huhardeaux@tootai.com