Re: Re: Wagner: Actions speak louder than words:They're saying 'Linux Sucks'"

>   "...page impressions?"  Is that a new marketing >term?  I've been involved
>in a socio-political struggle while studying and >advising on convincing
>political speech for over ten years--and quite >succesfully so.  How long
>have you studied propaganda?

Argument from authority. Blah.

>   A few hundred hits from one list won't make that >much difference to an
>online news publication.

It does if the news publication has only a few hundred readers. Also, don't underestimate the amount of people subscribed to this list.

>   Our response to such a slam as Wagner's in >political activism would be
>to threaten the publication with boycott

Censorship, how nice.

>   I've run Debian Linux for eight years and

So what?

>subscribed to the list again
>(after several years off the list) last night.  After >my first post
>(heads'-up about Wagner's story slamming Linux >security), I'm flamed with
>false accusations that I spammed the debian-user list >with off-topic material.

You are overreacting. You weren't flamed. You were critisized, by someone with a different opinion. I personally think you gave some good counter-arguments in this reply.

>   Is there another list for Debian public relations >issues?  We once
>discussed public relations, occasionally.  Is this >list coming to the
>youthful rudeness we once saw on the FreeBSD list?

As far as I have seen here, the Debian developers don't care about public relations. They care about the quality of the distro, not what some jackass thinks about it. You could spend the rest of your life countering morons that dislike Debian for the wrong reasons. (It is of course perfectly acceptable to dislike Debian)

>Does it cover the many virii

FYI, that's not a word. The Latin plural would be 'viri', but unfortunately 'virus' does not have a plural in Latin.

>that eclipse corporate MicroSnot

Youthful rudeness? Do your really expect people to take your seriously when you cannot refer to your competitor or hated enemy with its correct name?

>   I'll use and write about the OS that works the >best and has the most
>reasonable user cooperation.

And we love you for doing so, but that still doesn't mean you need to spam his article to this list.