Re: other distros

> -an rpm-based distro (Mandrake?)
> - do-it-youself source-based distro (linux-from-scratch?)
> -and lately I've been hearing lots about how great gentoo is,
> apparently because of its 'portage' system.

gentoo is considered to be good basically because u practically
compile the distro on your pc and so it's optimized for the pc that
it's running on. u download a base distro and then download all the
packages that u require and compile and configure them on your
machine.

Sharninder Singh
National Institute Of Management, Calcutta

'M.C.S.E - Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert'