Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 05:41:22AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> The only reason floppies still exist in PCs is because the computer
> companies are too scared to yank them out.

Fortunately this is changing; several PC makers have either announced
that new machines will not have floppies ot they just started making
them that way with no fanfare.

> I honestly haven't used my floppy since I first installed Debian in,
> uhm... 1995? Did CD images exist for Debian back then? And how much
> were CD-Rs, media and CD-ROMs? You could make the argument then that
> it was an economic problem to only have CD-ROM images.

Yeah, there were CD images in 1995 :-)  Somewhere I have a gold CD of
rex, the first debian I installed successfully.  Sadly, that machine
is no longer in my possession.

  Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
  while bad people will find a way around the laws.
          -- Plato