Re: Annoying Laptop problem/feature screen goes dark

Mike Manchester said:
> I have a laptop the if I don't touch any keys will blank the screen.
> That's OK but it will blank the screen in 20 secs if I don't touch a key.
> It's hard to read a book on line with this feature.

are you using X?

if so check your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file for an option such as:

Option		"SuspendTime"	"10"
Option		"OffTime"	"20"

though 20 seconds seems very quick...i've never seen a system blank
the screen in 20 seconds, the above is 10/20 minutes. Are you using
any screensavers? try

xset s off

as well, if your using the console, I'm not certain other then disabling
apm. but even at the console I don't remember it blanking quicker then
5 or 10 minutes.

nate