Re: genius netscroll vs X

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:13:24PM +0800, Petr Simon wrote:
> M?ller Zsolt wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >The problem I wrote previously that I couldn't start X is ok for now, the
> >UseFBDev set to false and it started. Thx for it.
> >But another problem is that my Genius Netscroll+ mouse doesn't work
> >with X.
> >The pointer appears and when I move the mouse it goes to the upper
> >right corner and sticks. I tried to configure it to auto, PS/2, PS/2
> >netscroll, Microsoft compatible and so on, but the problem is still
> >exists.
> >
> >Abbath
> >

> I had the very same problem. Just get rid of gdm (apt-get remove gdm) or
> configure it (somehow). I don't have it I am happy after few days of
> despair ;-)

Don't you mean gpm, not gdm?

If you're not using gpm you may be running into the problem that X in woody
has a bug initialising PS/2 mice - it doesn't send a reset sequence to
the mouse, so the mouse doesn't listen to the init string that X sends
it. To get round this do

echo -ne '\377' > /dev/psaux

after you change the protocol in XF86Config and before you restart X.

Chances are you want ImPS/2 protocol.

Pigeon