RE: How do I get Woody 'testing'?

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 14:20, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Ahhhhh. I C
> Thank you very much, to answer your questions
> 1.) I want to upgrade, if possible - am not afraid of a fresh install.
> 2.) Ok I thought I had seen that somewhere that Woody was 'stable', I didn't realize that 'testing' had a different name.

testing is currently "sarge", and unstable is (and always will be) "sid"

you can upgrade your system by replacing all the occurrances of "stable"
in your /etc/apt/sources.list with "testing" and doing an "apt-get
update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade"

the wonderful thing about debian is that you never need to re-install.

--
Fred Smith <fps@dividedsky.net>
Divided Sky Internet