tip of the day: stop prevent 'man' from clearing the screen on exit

On my debian system, whenever I used man, I was annoyed that the
screen was cleared when I exited man.  This made it hard to refer to
the text that was on the screen before I exited man.

Some research revealed that on my system, man invoked the pager
'less'.  I tried setting my pager to 'more', but 'more' can't scroll
backwards in a man page, and I didn't want to lose that functionality.

So, the fix was to do a

    export LESS=X

in my ~/.bashrc.  This avoids the screen clearing "problem" on exit
for regular uses of 'less' as well.
--
Benjamin