Re: Help with mod-perl packaging

[Please wrap your lines!  It makes it much easier to read, and thus more
likely that you'll get a response.  Anywhere between 70 and 80 is
acceptable; 72 seems to be a nice value.]

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 04:37:52PM -0700, Maria Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just becoming familiar with the package creating process and have
> decided to "debianize" my apache installations.  I have built my
> apaches for years from source and am getting stuck in the final stages
> of the process.
>
> It appears that it is getting through the 'make' process, but the
> 'make install' is where it seems to run into problems.  The
> dh_builddeb is hit and it does build a package, but it consists of
> just an empty /usr/share/doc/mod-perl directory.  Here's an "ls -R" of
> my debian/mod-perl directory:
>
> debian/mod-perl: DEBIAN/  usr/
>
> debian/mod-perl/DEBIAN: control  postinst*  prerm*
>
> debian/mod-perl/usr: bin/  share/
>
> debian/mod-perl/usr/bin:
>
> debian/mod-perl/usr/share: doc/
>
> debian/mod-perl/usr/share/doc: mod-perl/
>
> debian/mod-perl/usr/share/doc/mod-perl:
>
> I have attached my "rules" file, so if anyone could be so kind as to
> tell me where I'm going wrong, I would be very appreciative.

Heh, no you didn't.  Without seeing it, I bet you haven't told apache's
build system to dump the files into debian/mod-perl/.  Setting
$(DESTDIR) is usually the way to go.

I'd try on the debian-mentors, list, too, you're more likely to get a
good answer.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?